July 21, 2021
Employment Opportunity – Program Administrator
The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association (PEIFA) is seeking a Program Administrator to support our Tag and Licensing department.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Primary contact for members for fishing tags, online licensing, logbooks and membership renewals
• Provide front line duties for the office including answering phone calls, emails and managing internal & external customers in a timely and professional manner
• Co-ordination and editing of PEI Fishermen’s Association print and online newsletter
• Create and upload engaging content to the website and social media platforms
• Process incoming and outgoing mail and courier items.
• Completion and issuing of online licensing requests
• Tracking of fishing tags and inventory management
• Co-ordination of registrations and draws as required
• Bank deposits and accounting tasks associated with the sale of tags, logbooks and accounts receivables
• Attend and record minutes at industry meetings
• Assist PEIFA Science staff as required
• Perform data entry as well as create and maintain Association databases
• Assist membership with government licensing and policy needs in accordance with the DFO and Transport Canada legislation
• Demonstrate discretion and maintain integrity of member information
The following skills will be considered an asset
A recognized degree or diploma is preferred. However, a combination of education and personal experience in the marine fishery will be considered as well as experience in an office setting.
• Excellent accounting and record keeping skills
• Ability to co-ordinate a newsletter and update online content
• Above average computer and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Experienced in using Microsoft programs
• General knowledge of commercial fisheries on Prince Edward Island
• Ability to work with a team
• Ability to comprehend new information quickly
Annual salary per the Collective Agreement
The selected candidate will require a background check and must be bondable. This is a unionized position.
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume by 4:00pm August 3, 2021to firstname.lastname@example.org