March 11, 2019
***FREE*** 2019 PEI Lobster Quality and Handling Workshops:
The Prince Edward Island Fishermen’s Association’s marine biologist, Melanie Giffin, will be offering four FREE lobster quality and handling workshops in March and one in June.
EACH SESSION WILL INCLUDE A $500 DOOR PRIZE, AS WELL AS A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FROM THE PEIFA.
These workshops are FREE and open to ANYONE who handles lobster: harvesters, deckhands, buyers, plant employees, etc.
If you have your deckhands hired already this is a prime opportunity to add to their knowledge base prior to starting work on your vessel.
Topics that will be discussed include lobster biology and anatomy, proper handling techniques to reduce stress and therefore mortality, and how to determine the quality of your lobster.
· 10 AM, Monday, March 11th, 2019, Fortune Community Centre
· 10 AM, Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 Northumberland Arena (Murray River)
· 10 AM, Thursday, March 14th, 2019 Rodd Mill River Resort
· 10 AM, Friday, March 15th, 2019 Farm Centre, Charlottetown
· 10 AM , Monday, June 17th , 2019 O’Leary Legion
For more information please contact the PEI Fishermen’s Association at 902-566-4050 ext 3.